I got tagged by Valerie – last month! Can you say “procrastinate’?
1. I was interviewed by FOX News (they chose me because I’m a fox? Think not!) last month. There had been a carjacking in the parking lot of a local Circuit City and I happened to be in the parking lot the next day, visiting Office Depot. I didn’t see myself on the news, but it was interesting to go to school on Wednesday and hear, “I saw you on the news!” from several students (I didn’t know teenagers watched the news).
2. I love birds (my older daughter HATES them with a passion) and had parakeets as pets until I was about 13 years old. That’s when I developed this terrible sty which turned out to be an allergic reaction to my parakeet. My reaction was a rare case and I was written up in a medical journal. Never have looked to see if I could find that article, though. I had to get rid of Petey – it was either him or my sight in that one eye.
3. I hate grits – which is an almost sacreligious thing to say when you are a Southerner.
4. I hide Christmas presents when I buy them. Not really weird, I know, but the fact that I haven’t found all the ones that I have hidden might be! There still is a sweater hidden somewhere in my house for one of my daughters from many years ago.
5. Misspellings and grammatical errors in advertising drive me crazy. There is a florist in town named “A Arrangement Florist.” I will NEVER purchase flowers from them!
6. I still have a baby tooth.
7. I have broken my left wrist twice: once when I was five and swinging from a tree (we were playing Tarzan) and another time when I was about eight and fell from a horse.
Okay, I have to tag some random people here – and I don’t want to tag someone I know who has already been tagged, so it makes this part difficult. ProfessorNana, Mandy, Mr. G., teenlibrarian, Andi, Julie, and Ann – have fun!
Here are the rules:
– Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
– Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
– Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
– Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.