I’m a Po Folk, r u?
“Po folk” is poet Allan Wolf‘s term for those who have poet’s souls. “No po”….well…self-explanatory. So, if you’re a Po Folk, this is your month to celebrate! Try one or more of these multimedia ways to bring poetry to life:
- Watch outstanding student performances for Poetry Out Loud contests.
- Watch videos of Americans reading and discussing their favorite poems in the Favorite Poem Project.
- Listen to poems read by a variety of people (including Anthony Hopkins, James Earl Jones, Alyssa Milano, and N. Scott Momaday)
- Listen to Gwendolyn Brooks’ explanation and reading of “We Real Cool” along with other poems found here
Web 2.0 Tools for Writing Your Own Poetry
- Write your own magnetic poem and send to a friend
- Be inspired by pictures and write a poem
- Fill in the blanks, submit, viola – poem!
- Write and print out a shape poem from Scholastic
Get your poetry fix on your cell phone: www.poets.org/m
Enter your own poetry poster in the Free Verse Project sponsored by poets.org