1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
–Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here.
2. There are four levels:
–The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
–Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
–Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
–Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
7. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your library books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
****You do NOT need to review your books. That is optional.****
(excerpted from the Home Girl’s Book Blog)
What a great way to promote your library and resources! Imagine using this as a contest in your own library. Create fliers with the challenge’s image and post throughout your school. This would be a great advocacy tool to share with your school community.
J. Kaye has other reading challenges listed on the website. Encourage your students to choose one or more of them.