Pardon the play on words in the classic song (performed by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong); it’s such a part of my childhood that it immediately came to mind when I was contemplating this post.
But the learning really is easy when awesome opportunities abound – most for free and in my own backyard (physically or virtually) – and I am all about learning!
- June 4th 8:00 “Be the Change You Want to See” TL Virtual Cafe (http://tlvirtualcafe.wikispaces.com/) Join Shannon Miller, Doug Johnson, Dhaivyd Hilgendorf, Mary Kunesh-Podein, and Gina Light as they lead a discussion on what makes a media center the perfect learning environment. Previous webinars are archived on the site, so be sure to watch any you may have missed.
- June 12-13th Upstate Technology Conference, Greenville, SC If you didn’t preregister for the premiere upstate tech conference, make your way to Greenville EARLY on June 12th to snag one of the 100 on site registrations available. You will be sorry you missed this one! Earn RCs while attending interesting, informative presentations at the upstate’s FREE premiere conference. (2011 Session Handouts still online!)
- June 14 SCASL (South Carolina Association of School Librarians) Summer Institute How can you use data to inform your instruction?
- Sept. 8 EdCamp Atlanta EdCamps have been springing up around the country as educators take charge of their learning.
- Ongoing: TwitterOnce you have logged in (or signed up for an account), type in one of the following hashtags to search for some of the best sources you’ll find to improve your practice: #tlchat, #edchat, and #edtech Set aside an hour or two a week and you’ll be amazed at what you can learn!
What professional development opportunities are available to you this summer?